Just a quick post to say Happy New Year and boy, do I have some stories when I come back!
Have fun and be safe, where ever you are!
I have a really great post planned. This is not that post.
Sorry, that post has been on my mind a lot lately, but I just haven’t had time for it. Expect it soon. It will involve Sex. Actually, I think a lot more of my posts will involve Sex. This one will also involve Education.
Anyway, on to this post that you’re actually reading. I love Christmas. I love winter, snow, cocoa (which I so don’t limit to cold weather, much like ice cream is so not limited to warm weather), the spirit of the holidays, seeing family, and having people enjoy the gifts I get/make for them. Oh yeah, and I like presents too! Christmas is kind of a weird thing for me because I’m not Christian and neither are either of my sisters, but that’s a story for another time. We still love celebrating it, which makes mom happy.
On that note… I work in retail. I’m taking a break from it for now, because I work where I go to school, and I’m home for break now. However, before that break I was dealing with Holiday shoppers. Most of whom were lovely, wonderful, and cheerful people. I want to stress that. MOST of the customers I deal with.
I’m not going to bitch about rude people. It’s not worth it right now. I’ll save up some good stories and do that later. I’m going to talk about little things that drive clothing store workers like me insane.
– Why, in the name of whatever god, would you look at a row of hangers all going in the same direction and put something back with the hanger GOING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION?! Okay, you’re in a rush, not looking, that’s fine, it’s my job to make the store pretty, not yours… we’ll let it go. I still hate you a little.
– On a table where things are folded, why would you put something back and fold it in a way that looks NOTHING like what the other sweaters/pants/shirts look like? I honestly think leaving them in a heap is better because I notice that faster and fix it.
– If we ask if we can put things away, we really want to put the things away. Please. just give us the clothes. You don’t save us work if you don’t know how to put things away properly. Which leads me to…
– Again… I know it’s not your job to make my store beautiful, but is it really so hard to put a medium shirt on a hanger back in with the other mediums instead of slamming it front of the extra smalls? I’ll give you the shirt piles, those are difficult to move around. But hangers?
– Just because a pair of pants is black, doesn’t mean it’s the same as all the other black pants in the store. We have many different varieties. If you can’t find where something goes, give it to one of us. Another popular choice is draping it someplace really obvious, which irks me, but not as much as finding Cassidy pants in with Drew pants while I’m trying to show off our pant fits. (Yes, our pants have names)
Those are just a few things that really bother my managers and myself. And some of these things are also done by other employees, but that’s another rant. I’ll definitely have more at a later date.
With that in mind, here are a few tips to help you shop.
– Never be afraid to ask if there are more sizes in the back. We frequently do and during the busy seasons we don’t always have time to fill in sizes during shopping hours.
– Never be afraid to ask for help. We’re probably bored. And if an employee is rude, like obviously rude, don’t be afraid to leave or to complain.
– On the flip side, if you are pleased with service and have time, there are frequently surveys at the end of your receipt so you can tell us about your experience. They’re online, usually give you coupons, and actually count a lot for us. We need to know what you think of us, good and bad.
– We will help you make decisions. I personally love helping. Confused? Awesome. Ask me and give details.
Otherwise, just have a safe and happy shopping experience. If something is annoying you, take a break, get a pretzel or drink, or maybe it’s time for you to go home and rest a bit. There’s no need to stress yourself, it’s just a holiday.
Good luck, everyone!
(This was much longer than I thought it would be)
I want to talk about “Zies”.
I understand that sometimes people like to talk in different ways, add their own twists to words, whatever makes them happy. It’s fun and everyone does it. I frequently do it.
However… you don’t have to turn EVERYTHING into a “zies”. That belongs to infant clothes. I have a friend who does it a lot. You guessed it! Short and Annoying. No, I don’t want to do something just for “funzies”. Ever. We’re not going to ride on a “trainzies”. And if she doesn’t stop, I’ll probably “stabzies” her “eyezies” out. That might be an over reaction, but I’m still going with it.
This ends my rant for the night. Sorry to explode with random violence. It was just safer to do it here.
When did I first start finding bald men attractive?
Oh yeah… Vin Diesel… that sexy, beautiful, absolutely wonderful man. Give me a moment……. Mmmmmmmm, Riddick. Yeah, he caught the Crim/Psych major with a serial killer character. A well developed and complex serial killer.
Before Vin Diesel started El Revolutione (just say it with an accent) I was all about the long haired guys. Gorgeous, well kept, (that’s the important part) flowing hair. I blame historical romance mostly.
I’ll end this strange post by saying that Boyfriend’s hair is kind of the perfect compromise. Shaved on the sides and just long enough on top that I can play a little. It sounds funny, but it’s actually a very normal looking haircut and he totally rocks it. He also has gorgeous thick hair that makes my flat hair very envious. And he’s even better then Vin Diesel.
… I’ll stop now.
The title has nothing to do with the post. I just thought I’d let you know.
Today should have been a good day. Second to last exam, exit interview for my internship from the summer, and then lunch and movie times with some friends. Luckily, most of the day was good. Unfortunately, there were some dampers on this would be wonderful day…
Did I mention I’m an evil and angry person? I should have.
I have a lot of hate inside me. Sometimes it escapes between the smiles. Today was a day I was easily annoyed… it was also a day spent nearly entirely with Short and Annoying. I can take SaA in increasingly smaller doses or if there are other people there to distract me. What’s wrong with SaA? She talks. Honestly, there’s no way to explain it, you just have to spend 1.5 seconds in her company. Ask Boyfriend. He can’t stand her and has been around her for a combined… three hours?
Annnnyway, every time she opened her mouth today I was either twitching or whispering “Ihatehersooomuch” or “Iwillstabhereyesifshedoesn’tSHUTUP!!!!”. I’m healthy! No mental illnesses here!
So that wasn’t fun. Then I discovered GhostRoommate is late on her payment… for the second month. And didn’t feel it was necessary to respond to my message telling her this, despite being on Facebook since I sent the message. (I totally wasn’t stalking her or anything…) Yaaaaaaaaaay!
Theeen, as I’m at my friends house, with a bunch of other friends, one of whom I promised to drive home after MovieTime since he has no car and lives in the mountains, I got a call from work. I was scheduled to work and was fifteen minutes late… was everything okay?
Fuck. So I got to work, but that was kind of the icing on my crap cake. Luckily, work was good and I did have some fun times. So I’ll stop complaining.
Back to my Spirited Away. Yes, I am a giant dork, what makes you say that?
I am sitting here alone in my living room. I just heard a sound that was in between a camera taking a picture and a lens focusing. I’m fairly sure that someone is making an illicit video of my apartment and it’s contents (me). That or this is the most boring reality television show. Ever. Wait… maybe… there have been some pretty awful ones.
Either way, I’m glad I’m wearing clothes right now.
And I don’t say that a lot.