Things I Am No Longer Going to Apologize For:
- The random little songs I sing to myself and the people/animals around me. They make me happy and they’re so ridiculous, you should probably be laughing too.
- That farts still make me laugh. It might make me a ten year old boy, but it’s a funny noise and it’s not supposed to happen, so I’m probably going to crack up. There is obviously a time and a place for this.
- That I am paranoid as fuck* about certain things
- *That I have a mouth like a sailor. (Again, I know there is a time and a place for this and in front of a kid is not it)
- That I am a diehard romantic. I am always going to root for a good love story.
- That I will always be willing to forgive someone more than my friends think I should. Has it caused me pain in the past? Oh lord, absolutely… but it’s who I am and I’m tired for apologizing for being me.
- That I love nail polish. Don’t like the fact I have over 50 bottles and will get more? That’s so sad for you, I’m going to admire my pretty, pretty nails while you bitch about it.
- That I want to be a tom boy, Goth princess, punk, badass fighter, and elegant woman all rolled into one. It’s why I joke I need 8 weddings, I’ll never be able to decide what style to go with.
- Enjoying my men with excellent muscle structure. Call me primitive or shallow or whatever you like, I love a ripped guy. Obviously personality trumps all (just look at some of my crushes) but I’m not going to feel bad for lusting after a sexy body.
- Being completely ridiculous. Love me and all my quirks, or get the hell out of my life.
Just a little something I had to get off my chest and put out to remind myself that I don’t need to be sorry for being me.